Thursday, February 11, 2010

Learning To Get The Most Out Of Your PE Class!

I learned a lot from the time worksheet. The main problem that I have is I spend too much time giving instructions. I gave the students instructions for more than a minute at the start of my class. If I were to do this in a real classroom I would have lost the majority of the children's attention. I need to keep my instructions short and simple. Another thing I noticed was I gave too many cues for the children. I know now that there is no way that the children can remember more two or three cues after just being introduced to a new skill. Next time I plan on making my instructions much simpler, which will also cut down on my instruction time. I feel that making this major change will greatly improve my next lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment