Tuesday, March 9, 2010

TIME TO BREAK OUT THE LONG JUMP ROPES!!!




I feel like I have really learned a lot from this lab. In this lab I had more time to actually teach and that really helped me to see areas that I really need to work on. When I did my time coding it was very clear that I need to cut down on my instruction time. Over 50% of my lesson was instrucion. To be a successful Physical Education teacher I need to change this because the children are going to get bored listening to me talk for over half of the lesson.
Also in my verbal transcription I still need to work on not saying things like "you guys" and "gonna". I feel like I have improved on saying less slang terms, but I need to keep improving becuase I really do not like how they make me sound unprofessional.
Another area where I need to improve is my feedback. My feedback analysis really helps me to pinpoint what I need to work on, which is being more specific about my cues. In this lab I was not clear enough about my cues and I did not mention a few of the cues in my lesson plan. This is a big problem because the children are going to have a hard time participating if they are unsure about what to focus on. I really have learned a lot from this lab and I hope to improve so my future labs are more successful.

Audio

1 comment:

  1. it was a good lesson, and you adapted to the students in the wheel chairs really well!

    ReplyDelete