Sunday, December 6, 2009

IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!!!

I can’t believe we just had our last lab at St. Mary’s Elementary School. This was a great lab. The theme of this lab was Christmas. Many of us in lab dressed up like elves and reindeer and once the children saw us they became very excited. This week in lab my group started off in the cafeteria. I played checkers and chest with the children. The children play checkers by some different rules than I remember. I think some of the rules are not exactly in the real checkers rule book like the children told me. I was very surprised with how good the children were at chest. They thought out every move and really had a good knowledge of the game. After we went up stairs into the gym and played a Christmas game that my group had prepared for them. The game was a maze where the children would start off going through a windy road on scooters. Then the children had to hope over hula hoops. The children would then run to the throwing/kicking station. The children would get a ball and try to hit the Christmas posters on the wall. We started off with the children kicking the ball at the posters and then we changed it so the children were throwing the ball at the posters. I think the children really enjoyed this activity. After playing this game I was playing catch with a football with a few other children. We ended this lab was Amanda leading a Christmas song. I have really enjoyed my experience at St. Mary’s Elementary School and I have become a much better teach because of this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment