Sunday, December 6, 2009

Clifford Made a Visit to St. Mary's!!!!!



I cannot believe that this was our fifth lab already. This semester is going by so fast. The theme for this lab was Thanksgiving. My group this week worked with the pre-k children. I was amazed with how much energy they have. The first thing we did was go outside and play on the playground because it was a really nice day. We played tag with Derek and many other children. We also played hide and go seek and a bounty hunter game that the kids really like. The rules to the bounty hunter game are all the college kids are fugitives and Christina and Derek were two of the bounty hunters trying to catch them. Once a college kid is caught they must be brought to jail until they get the chance to escape. This game was a lot of fun and while we were playing it I was amazed at how fast some of the children are. There were times when I was running as fast as I could and Derek was right behind me. After we played outside for a while went back into the classroom and Chris read the children a Clifford book about Thanksgiving. After the story was over we all went into the gym and had an activity based on the story. The children would start out by going through a tunnel just like Clifford did in the story. Then the children had to hope through the city while trying to avoid hitting any buildings. Finally the children would select a piece of food that were scattered on the floor to put in Clifford’s dish. The children had a great time with today’s lab and I did to.

No comments:

Post a Comment